Based in Los Angeles, Feminists in Action (FIA-LA) is a network who galvanizes action and results. Here is some of what we've accomplished since November 2016:
- Our off-shoot, Drain the NRA, were the mobilizing organization behind the People’s Action Against Gun Violence march in Los Angeles, attracting over 1,000 protesters and national media coverage.
- Partnered with Bake America Great to raise over $65,000 for Planned Parenthood, Black Lives Matter LA, Black Student Alliance at University of Virginia, Miry's List and the International Rescue Committee.
- Traveled to California's 49th District (San Diego County) to canvass in support for flipping the district.
- Raised over $7,500 for the Bresee Foundation after-school programs and family services through our first Resist-Dance Party.
- Hosted several potluck benefits which raised thousands of dollars for Miry’s List, a nonprofit organization that assists refugee families resettling in the U.S.
- Worked with The Big Hundred to invite America to take 100 Actions during the first 100 days of the Trump administration.
- Organized a Drain the NRA protest at the LA TrueCar offices in response to the money the company puts into advertising within NRA paraphernalia.
- Hosted frequent postcarding sessions for various progressive issues, including flipping CA's 25th district and supporting Alabama's Doug Jones' successful run against Roy Moore.
- Arranged furniture/clothing/diaper drives for organizations in need, such as The Downtown Women's Center, Big Sunday, and Miry's List.
- Set up family-run lemonade stands raising $900 for the Houston Food Bank after Hurricane Harvey.
- Started several monthly book clubs around LA to tackle the topic of white privilege.